Take advantage of our services today, which are all designed to help our clients achieve overall wellness.
To execute our mission, we offer various non-medical home care services that are made specifically to meet your health and personal needs. Our team of professional Homemakers is ready to assist you with your daily routine. The services we offer are all aimed towards improving your overall well-being.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Home Cleaning and Organization
- Grocery Shopping
- Personal Errands
- Laundry Services
- Mail Retrieval
- Meal Preparation
Three essential questions to ask to ensure the company you choose has a strong set of core values:
- Communication – Will I be able to easily communicate with the Homemaker and have continued access to my case manager? This is the core of our approach. We believe that you should never feel there is a lack of control or communication with your Homemaker.
- Integrity – Has a sense of trust been established? We believe this is the key to a comfortable relationship and the well-being of the client. That’s why we carefully screen all our Homemakers.
- Performance – Am I confident I will get the professional care promised and that there will be accountability and follow up? Home care is dynamic; a family’s needs can change daily. You chose home care to allow your loved one to remain independent and retain their quality of life, not to endure more paperwork and problem-solving. We make a simple promise: we will be there for your family. If you’re not satisfied, we will work with you until you are.
We are committed to:
- Recruiting, training, and retaining competent staff
- Valuing, supporting, recognizing, and appreciating our staff who are our greatest asset
- Providing a work environment that encourages personal enjoyment and enhances job satisfaction and performance through recognition and reward
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with the community, including local Home Care and Health Care personnel/organizations
- Conducting our business in an accountable and responsible manner
- Adhering to the professional code of ethics of the Home Care industry and applying continuous quality improvement measures throughout our Agency
A Checklist To Help You Choose A Quality And Safe Home Care Agency
- Business license and necessary state licensure (if required by the state where the agency is located)
- Homemakers are “Employees” (this means the Agency is responsible for paying all employee payroll taxes, as required by law: Unemployment Insurance tax, Social Security tax, Medicare tax and State and Federal with-holdings)
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Fidelity Bond Insurance (this is sometimes referred to as “theft” insurance)
- Active Management of the Homemaker through a direct Supervisor or Manager
- Plan of Care
- Criminal Background Check performed on all Employees
- Training for Homemakers
- 24-Hour On-Call Service
- Satisfactory Customer Ratings
- Homemakers check-in and out via a phone app that validates the Homemaker is at the client’s home
These Checklist requirements are especially valuable when no family members live close enough to monitor the care. By having these standards in place, if the Homemaker suffers an accident while working in the client’s home, their injuries and care are covered by Worker’s Compensation Insurance. Active supervision of Homemakers allows the agency to professionally work through any performance issues. Training programs provide Homemakers with guidelines to follow for performing quality care duties.